Click image to view our Flickr photo gallery
Itech Environmental Services is a licensed TSSA contractor as both a Petroleum and Heating Fuels Contractor in the Province of Ontario. Itech is capable of removing and decommissioning tanks from small residential installations to commercial applications and large bulk facilities. Itech Environmental Services prides itself on being small enough to care but large enough to effectively and efficiently serve our clients.
Itech Environmental coordinates its services with those of your preferred environmental consultant who then can provide a tank removal report and assessment to ensure that your standards of service and MOE environmental regulations are fully met and adhered to.
Important Facts About Your Underground Oil Tank
- As of May 1, 2002, regulations require all underground oil tanks to be registered with the TSSA.
- Underground tanks that are 25 years of age or older (or of unknown age) are required to be removed by October 1, 2006.
- Unused underground tanks are required to be removed and any contamination cleaned up.
- Old underground tanks are likely to leak and may contaminate soil and groundwater, possibly requiring expensive environmental remediation.
- The owner of an underground tank is responsible for the costs of maintaining, upgrading and removing the tank including any clean-up of contamination.
- Only a licensed TSSA contractor with a valid Petroleum Mechanics license may remove, repair or service an underground tank and its equipment.